As I develop this site, first in Docpad then in Hugo, I can see an abstraction of text change.
- All the content is contained in the content/
- All content is written in a declarative text markup language such as Markdown and is then transpiled into HTML for presentation.
- What if we could write content in one static generation framework and reliably transfer it to any other that complied with a standard?
- Everything in the Content folder should be portable from one Static Gen framework to another.
- Markdown gives us some idea of what such a standard looks like in the way it abstracts out the general formatting features that a text document would be written in.